Sunday, November 23, 2008

another dawn, another dollar

Over the course of this weekend, I've gained an entirely new respect for hookers, and pushers, and owls, and ER doctors – or any form of nocturnal vocation that I've never seriously considered. Worry not, though. Naturally (and gratefully), my weekend has been consumed by a commission that is socially and morally docile, or at least more so than a few of the aforementioned pursuits. Be it respectable, legal, illicit, or amiss; if you're working overnight, I salute you. Nothing says a 'job well done' better than just barely beating the sun home. And while I'm sure the weekend will catch up with me shortly, I'm happy to forfeit Sunday morning, readjust my clocks, and count out my money.

3 comments:

Merrill M said...

Wait. So you're a hooker now or a surgeon?

Chris said...

Or a cop or a raccoon?

carli mia said...

all of the above. in a perfect world.