Monday, May 25, 2009

Art mimics Life imitating Art mocking Life

Have you ever experienced a moment of intuitive clarity where you think you can see someone as they will look in twenty years? When the light catches them just right? Or they make a certain face? Sigh a certain sigh? When someone is standing in front of you, and for just one minute, you can imagine what they'll look like behind the wheel of a mini-van, carting their offspring off to hockey practice, or for those who will take offense to this liable generalization, sitting behind their mahogany topped CEO's desk in their executive office, without a man or children at home, wearing power heels and rimless glasses?

I had that moment on Saturday night, but instead of seeing her from a certain angle, I saw her through a pane of glass. No, not her, but a painted portrait of what I envision her to look like in fifteen-or-so-years. In a gallery west of Ossington, just after midnight, I walked past the well lit window front and halted a dead stop. The likeness was eerie, and beautiful – as beautiful as the subject on canvass, and the girl I compare her to.

I won't say who I think this is, or rather, who this will someday be, but I welcome guesses.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

snp

madi said...

if you isolate the face I definitly see something familiar!

Highwaisted said...

weird. i immediately thought mackenzie?

bang-o-rama said...

madi cash?

Russless said...

Anonymous said...

snp

Little Bird said...

trainor

Kevin said...

dani

mom said...

for sure madi cash.

Anonymous said...

cash will be a hot bitch @ 50

Anonymous said...

Cash is a hot bitch now!

Jessica said...

Beautiful. I saw this portrait, Queen West somewhere, at a gallery that I cannot recall..