Monday, April 13, 2009

"happy mini egg day"


Easter. A time for giving, and caring, and chocolate.

I don’t celebrate Easter. We've been absolved, but it's still not my party.

I've been toting a sizable box of styrofoam flat bread around in my bag for days. I also carry a plastic knife and a jar of peanut butter. Me, my mobile pantry and my hollow stomach are celebrating Passover while everyone else takes the weekend off to hunt for foil covered eggs.

Last night though, in the spirit of giving, and caring, and chocolate, I was invited to an Easter feast. And feast we did. Vegan soup that wets the ap and 'huggs' the soul, a bird, some starches, and a banana cream pie.

I've never understood the relationship between clucking bunnies and resurrections, and I've never appreciated the weekend wine store lockdown, or the redundancy of Easter Sunday re-runs, but I did have a fantastic time with everyone around the table.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

love.

Anonymous said...

is that the guy from knocked up?

biz said...

this looks like so much fun
sad i missed it
love you ladies.

libby said...

ok, so far i can recognize...

toby mcguire hugging someone who must be kirsten dunst

ashley judd in silver bangles

the girl who played mighty aphrodite..oh yeah, Mira Sorvino?

drew barrymore with seth rogen

julianne moore

tracey ullman

cool party.

miguel taylor said...

your blog is awesome! spent a good hour reading some of your posts.

xx miguel