Monday, August 24, 2009

in glorious comparison

"She told me I'm, like, the Diane Kruger character," the pale-eyed blonde one said, sitting on a picnic bench in Parkdale. Ankles crossed. "I think she said I'm supposed to be Brad Pitt, or whatever," he'll say. Ah, the 'or whatever". The audible shrug, as if to allude to some shame in accepting due compliment… all the while insisting that you know it was due.
If she's Kruger, and he's Pitt (like it, love it, or "not").... am I Roth?

"You're a lovely, erm, feminine Eli Roth," I'm told, once inside and dressed. Typecasted. Jew on Jew. Roth on Rothman. Which is oddly (albeit undoubtedly) a relief. Considering the artistic direction in the way of my hair, I could have been a stand in for someone else.
And Zaida would not have been pleased. Nine, nine, nine. He would not have been pleased.
So I take what I'm given, and I guess it's really not that bad.



"Dressd to Kill (Nazis)" EyeWeekly, August 20th, 2009

Styling: Duh, SNP



6 comments:

Derek Kreindler said...

Bubbie's going to plotz when she sees this.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, you look beautiful, but that is truly lame styling.....must have taken a lot of imagination for that one.

Tee said...

who is this anonymous guy?
he's getting too predictable.

rock and roll
<3

sarah nicole said...

Hahaha.

I'd like to suggest that Anonymous try getting a job, or three, and then see how much imagination he has to spare.

sarah nicole said...

(or, more likely, "she.")

carli mia said...

anonymous posting = highly unimaginative.