Wednesday, October 22, 2008

heavens to "Betsey"

While everyone else has been "tenting" for Toronto Fashion Week, I've been camping out in the library. I've not been sporting one of those all-powerful, hot pink media lanyards and watching as pin-thin seasonal prophecies go marching by. I've been wearing whatever is cleanest, eating whatever is fastest, and applying nothing but mascara for the past three, long, lonely days.

Last night, however, I treated myself to a night away from the books and isolation. With the help of 'The Jons', I was able to get a glimpse of this fall's fashion festivities, and attend the Betsey Johnson show at, uh, Branthouse?

Thrilled to be primped, preened and in public for the first time in 72 hours, I might have indulged in a little too many celebratory cocktails (red wine, white wine, Russ's kosher wine, and then, well, whatever was easiest on the old change-purse).

But, thank God for roommates -- and their digital cameras.

Nikon in hand, Katy captured the night for me, and didn't miss a single poodle-headed model prancing down the catwalk, notwithstanding the impossible view. Though most of her better photographs will be used for her new job, I was still able to finagle a few decent ones for my modest, yet loyal readership. Hi mom!

With Miss G, Miss D, and of course Miss Biz working hard backstage, and everyone else I know the working the crowds at the forefront, I enjoyed my brief emancipation from the editing suites, and of course, some signature BJ beau monde.






6 comments:

Highwaisted said...

omg labella cut his hair off!

The Fake As More said...

carli, i missed your face. let's make up for it with some drinking. you, me and the berg.

sarah nicole said...

i like this post so much because it allows me to pretend i wasn't actually there.

carli mia said...

dani, i'd love.
sarah, don't be bitter. everyone else had fun. hmph.

Richard Pollock said...

This site is so real

biz said...

miss S?