Wednesday, March 26, 2008

DIY: professional pencil pushing

It feels as if everyone's a bloody Arthur Baldwin Turnure these days. I say this with the utmost respect, and a pinch of envy. I've been limiting my 'social experience' lately because school has been so demanding. It's hard to get around in heels while your ankle is chained to a lap-top, proverbially speaking, that is.

And I find myself frustrated beyond words, which is troublesome in that words are what I'm banking on, and often find myself looking for ways to cut corners. If actions speak louder than words, and here we are again with a conflict of interest, then perhaps I should be actively pursuing the field, rather than sunning myself on the lawn of academia.

Adrian and Sarah are preparing to launch a magazine. And the plan isn't just a composite of fluffy rhetoric and wishful thinking. They're actually gonna do it, folks! And I attended another magazine launch on Monday, only finding the time today to breeze through the matte pages of the product over caffeine, with the dynamic duo.

If anyone can throw a collection of pseudo-clever observations at a stock pile of graphic art, call it a quarterly and publicly celebrate it – then why can't everyone?

Today we talked about spending time with people who enthuse you, or motivate you, the type "AV's" that make you go home with an empty coffee cup and contemplate your comparatively languid lifestyle. Or at least challenge the prerogative of Conde Nast.

And tomorrow is already Thursday.

No comments: