Thursday, March 13, 2008

a real snip

I got my hair cut by a real live professional today.

It was tough finally letting someone else touch my hair after years of self-trimming and coloring. I've been my own Ken Paves for so long, it was hard to let go. Nathan, (that was his name, Nathan) was so prudent. He listened to exactly what I wanted, and he also had a fabulous accent. I'm a sucker for accents.

He's been in Canada only a few weeks, from Australia via England.

I'm pleased beyond articulation. If Friar Tuck had been born a woman, I would be her. And I say that with pure satisfaction.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

dear random blogger?
your hair. its very nice. i'm getting my hair cut in 3 days in a similar style. before i venture on this fabulous mission i would really appreciate your response on the following questions.

- what do you do for maintenance?
- do you have to use products?
- what kind of hair do you have? (wavy, curly, straight)
- do you/can you straighten your hair?
- what is the shape of your hair? is it flat in the back or curved... i have a very round head.
- are you happy with your hairstyle?

carli mia said...

do it!

i just wash, blowdry (and flat iron, sometimes). It takes, from shower to finish, all of 20 minutes.

products? mainly just hairspray, and a grape-seed oil shine serum from the body shop.

my hair is wavy when left to it's own devices.

and yes, I am, all in all, very happy with my hair.

helpful?