Tuesday, March 25, 2008

in the middle hour

These are the dreaded in-between days. I'm stranded in between two weekends. I'm idling between last night's troubled sleep, and tonight's compensating one. I'm in between the winter and the spring, parkas and light jackets. I've been completely blocked, utterly bored, and running on empty.

Then it was Easter, and everything closed. And I'm Jewish. So I took refuge in the high-rise without pause for 72 hours.

[PIN] AV: I just can't wait, my winter blues have gone way too far into March, and I'm feeling sick from all this chocolate.
[PIN] Carli Mia: I didn't even get Easter chocolate.

I thought going out, going west on a Monday night, would cure my in-between doldrums. Murphy, Chames, Hannah, the nice chaps from Shuter Street (and I) met Sarah Nicole in her hood – she swears it's a place where dreams come true, a geographical over-the-rainbow, a twenty-block stretch of only the prettiest faces the city boasts to offer. She also is the reason I'm atempting to post today at all ("just write about it..."). We danced, and drank, and drank and drank, one drink after the other, leaving no space in-between each drink, each blurred minute, a blink-speed between sober and slovenly. I don't think anyone feels any better.

3 comments:

Chris said...

That was actually really sad to read.
-Steve

Raymi Lauren said...

fuckin DONE with winter

sarah nicole said...

oh hi, you learned how to hyperlink and be emo. blogging superstardom is yours.

a-v, on the other hand, doesn't even need to have a blog, now that she has both of us to quote her texts.

thanks for making me sound like the west end's biggest snob, p.s.